Moist Chocolate Cupcake with Almond Buttercream Frosting
I love making cupcakes and making them look like a piece of art. I have been getting a lot of requests on my chocolate cupcakes and wanted to share the recipe with you guys.
MOIST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup(130g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup(207g) sugar
- 6 tbsp(43g) Dark Cocoa powder*
- 1 tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1large egg
- 1/2 cup(120ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(120ml) vegetable oil
- 3/4 tspvanilla
- 1/2 cup(120ml) hot coffee
INSTRUCTIONSPreheat oven to 300°F (148°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla in another medium sized bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the coffee to the batter and mix until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill the cupcake liners about half way and bake for 18-22 minutes. Test with a toothpick till it comes out with a few moist crumbs. If it's wet and sticky, then it's not done. Leave it in the oven for few more minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
WHIPPED ALMOND BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 sticks unsalted butted, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar a cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the heavy cream one tbsp at a time and your flavoring and beat for 1-2 minutes on high speed. The frosting should be fluffy and thick.